Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Siri Skye

WOW!

Normally I don't post very  much personal personal stuff (I guess fitness and pictures of myself in me skivvies isn't personal to me for some reason... interesting) on this blog, but wonderful things like this need to be shared.

Yesterday was amazing. I stayed home to take my amazing wife to her midwife appointment, and planned on heading in to work afterward. I could tell soon after the appointment that I probably wouldn't need to go to work, so I stayed at home and logged in remotely for a short while.

A couple hours later we had packed the kids off to my sister's house and WHAMO a beautiful baby girl was born in a kiddie pool in our bedroom at home. It was AMAZING and my wife did a fantastic job. Somehow she was SMILING through the contractions and transition - she enjoyed this birth so much more than those she had in the hospital.

I'm not saying everybody should have home births - but I would suggest you do a lot of research into what you want and believe before submitting yourself to the expensive and unnecessary things they do at hospitals.

So welcome Siri Skye, my beautiful youngest daughter, who in less than a day has already brought such happiness and light into my life!


Because of this, I missed my workout yesterday... but somehow I'm more than all right with that!

No comments: