Thursday, November 11, 2010

Things I Like More Than Many Other People Do

In my life I've realized that I am quite a geek in many aspects.

I decided to list a few of things I like a lot.

Granted, there are those people that like some of these things even more than I do - and man, those people are WEIRD, just like I'm strange to people who don't understand why I like these things as much as I do.

Some of these shouldn't come as a surprise. So here it is:

  1. Pirates - Seriously, I am obsessed with Pirates lately! If I see a skull and crossbones or other form of Jolly Roger type thing - I want it. It used to be that Pirates was one of the many things I liked (more will be included further down) but it didn't stand out over others. Over the years though, after many Halloweens and Relay races - I've realized that I like some things MORE than pirates, but it's a group of things. Separate those into individual parts and Pirates win. Crazy.
  2. Fantasy Novels/Movies/Games/Role-Playing Games - This is one I've loved all my life, but amazingly I've never actually played a table-top RPG like Dungeons and Dragons. Probably because I didn't have friends that did such things. Put me in front of a good Fantasy book, video game, or movie and you'll probably lose me for a while. I used to think I was a gamer, and I do enjoy video games in general, but really, I like Fantasy RPGs a lot, everything else is just ok.
  3. Pull ups (Pushups too, although to a lesser extent the past few years) - I read blogs like the Bar-Barians and Al Kavadlo pretty much entirely because of the pull ups. I'm not the best at pull ups - I still can't do a muscle up - but I'm getting there. These guys are inspirational (Al's kinda quirky, but he's working out!)
  4. Castles - Someday I want to own a castle. Even better of course would having that castle be on a private Island with my very own Pirate ship... so we'll work on that. Occasionally I'll go over to www.castles-for-sale.com and see what ridiculously awesome castles there are available throughout the world.
  5. Root Beer - Today being one of my IF days, talking about stuff like this is always hard because it makes me want it - but I love Root Beer. It is my favorite drink. Lately when the choice between Root Beer and Mt. Dew is put in front of me, I choose the Mt. Dew, but that's because it's Mt. Dew or Barq's (which I don't care for too much) or one of the other high-volume-produced Root Beers, that aren't as appealing to me (A&W (my favorite of the bunch), Dads, Mug, etc) IBC is my traditional favorite, but more and more I'm realizing High Fructose Corn Syrup is NOT as good as real sugar. I had a root beer at my brother's house that was SO good. Didn't get a lot so it doesn't beat IBC yet, but I think there might be a winner out there somewhere, so the search begins. (or it will when I have a way to get more!)
Well I guess five is enough for now. I may add more lately. There are definitely more... And again there are DEFINITELY people who like these more than me as well. If you'd like to share with me some things you think you like an inordinate amount - let me know I'd love to hear 'em!

No comments: