Monday, February 9, 2009

P90X - Week 4 begins

Week 4 in the P90X schedule is supposed to be a "Rest" week.

We start with Yoga X today and Core Synergistics tomorrow... two of the harder workouts we've experienced! Actually the Yoga isn't HARD, it is just 90 minutes long and very intensive.

I almost can't believe that we've already gone 3 weeks - and we've only missed a few days due to car-buying and illness. Most of the days I was sick I worked out anyway. THAT was fun.

So far I'm impressed with the results I've had - the small pudginess in my midsection has gone down significantly. It's not totally gone YET but it is getting there!

Lately I've been looking into well-known artists/cartoonists/animators... Not sure why but I'm looking for inspiration and method to my artistic endeavors or something. Anyway - I rediscovered the artist responsible for MUCH of Disney's earlier movies and many many children's books I LOVED when I was a kid.

Bill Peet

I got "Bill Peet: An Autobiography" from the Library and it is really quite fascinating. SO many pictures bring back memories of his books and I really want to get them and let my kids experience them.

In Fantasy Books I picked up a new Author (new to me, not new to the publishing world and he has a bunch of books!) named Lawrence Watt-Evans, and am interested in his books so far. Interested enough that I finished the first book of the Obsidian Chronicles in a little over a day...

Finally thanks to meetings last week I am closer and closer to finishing my newest drawing and hope to finish it this week so I can get started on the planned Ocean drawing for my nephew.

I also need to start putting more of the "Brave Knight" stories down and maybe even illustrate them a bit... Have I mentioned the "Brave Knight" stories I tell my boys? I can't remember.

2 comments:

Christopher said...

So are we going to see any start and 30 day photo's.

Warlord Blade said...

Yeah as soon as we take the 30 day photos I think I'll put 'em up here.