Monday, August 31, 2009

Sushi

Food.
For the most part in my life I eat to live, NOT live to eat.

But there are two exceptions to this (as long as you don't include candy).

Steak and Sushi.

Strange that for somebody who eats less than 20% animal products (most of the time we are very good about this) Steak would be at the top of my favorite foods, but there you have it.

Anyway, Steak isn't what I want to talk about today.

I LOVE Sushi! (по-русский)

Until about 5 years ago I hadn't ever experienced it and thought what many many people did about this culinary delight; "Raw fish?!? Eww Gross!"

Then I decided I should give it a try and went to the local "Happy Sumo" with some coworkers and WOW-EE I loved it, especially the Unagi which is still my favorite today. I HATE eels, so I think it's awesome that I love to eat them. We'll see if that Karma comes to bite me someday...

I read an article today about the overfishing of the Bluefin Tuna and how it was hurting Sushi-connoisseurs ability to enjoy sushi. Whatever. I totally agree with the author of the linked article - there is plenty of enjoyable sushi without the Tuna - be adventurous and give it a try!

1 comment:

he and she reviews said...

wow those two foods are on the top of our lists too... steak and sushi.. yum... guy fieri has a resturant that serve bbq and sushi.. which kind of combines them... we are going to check it out someday. ^_^