Thursday, June 10, 2010

Post Sickness Workout

Like I mentioned yesterday, the Ragnar Relay Wasatch Back race is one week from tomorrow, and being sick was majorly cutting into my training.

So even though I didn't think I was feeling 100% physically (although mentally keeping that positivity!) I made myself run (in my VFF Sprints today - still not quite used to 'em yet):



Ran up through my old neighborhood and talked to the parents of one of my childhood friends. With a rainstorm approaching it was really a VERY nice run. I was also trying out a knee strap to see if it helps my knee. It did help, but didn't completely remove the problem. So today I'm going to try a more traditional knee brace sleeve.

I felt REALLY good, a bit tired at times, but I was able to keep a *MUCH* better pace than even before I was sick. I think a big reason is that finally I've been able to REST more than I have been, closer to the amount of rest I should be getting.

As I was cooling down so I didn't need a shower after my shower, I decided I should do some pull ups, so I did 15 wide handed pull ups, 15 close handed chin ups, 10 parallel pull ups, and 10 more close handed pull ups for a total of 50! I was pretty happy with that!

So I guess the moral of the story is - make sure you get enough rest. It'll improve your overall energy, your MOOD will majorly improve, your stress will go down, and life will be GREAT.

Now if I can just take that advice myself for the next week! Maybe I'll have to implement a bedtime for the next few days!

1 comment:

SunAndMoon said...

I'm going to give you a thumbs up for that. Good job!