Friday, May 15, 2009

Jaded

I honestly don't know what is going on lately.

Two things have recently come out that I have been looking forward to for some time.
One, a movie: X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
The other, a new music album: Paper Empire by Better than Ezra.

(I actually pre-ordered Paper Empire throught the BTE fan emails and received an autographed copy the day before it was available in stores)

The weird thing is that while I don't hate either of them, I like them both... but I'm not FULLY satisfied. I enjoy them, but am left wanting more in a way I can't really explain.

I must say that I was actually not satisfied at first with the prior BTE album "Before the Robots" either, but it really grew on me after listening to it for a while and I really like it now.

So it is possible that for both of these, I just need to give them some more time and attention. (I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Wolverine again :) )

What is most strange about this is that it isn't just these two things that are this way for me, they are just the most immediate and big examples.

Maybe it's just a stage of life I'm going through.

I quit World of Warcraft a few months back - that took a lot of time - and while I could easily fall back into it, I don't really care to, but I feel this void since then. I think WoW was filling the void, but not really satisfying anything either.

So I am going to try to concentrate on the things I know I want to do more, but haven't GIVEN them enough time. Art, Music, Fitness, maybe even a bit of writing...

We'll see.

One thing is for sure - I do NOT want to continue feeling unsatisfied by everything, because I think a big part of that is my own choice. I will change that. I am going to be positive and I'm going to be satisfied and NOT jaded!!

No comments: