Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Awkwardness

(Awkward Family Photos is hilarious)
A few weeks ago as I was driving home from work - I exited the freeway and into the left turn lane to head home. I looked to my right and, what do you know? Two good friends from High School who had married were in the next lane!

I waved at them and they waved back, looked happy to see me (it's really been years!) then I started to unroll the passenger window to yell quick obscenities greetings at them before the light turned green and they both got a really uncomfortable looks on their faces and pretended like I wasn't there... So I rolled down my other window (it was pretty nice out even though the weather has been very fickle this 'Spring') and drove on when the light turned.

In response to this experience, I added another line to my bucket list...

  • Awkwardness is a choice - DON'T be awkward
Everybody has awkward moments in life - heck for most people the entire ages from 11-18 are full of almost 100 % awkwardness. But really - it doesn't HAVE to be that way.

If you choose not to let something make you feel awkward - it won't feel awkward! Laugh at it! Enjoy it! Life is amazing and we make it much too complicated and awkward for ourselves.


Granted, like everything else in life, you can't control how other people react, and more often then not people sure like to make things more awkward than they need to be.

I'm also not saying these friends did anything wrong either. It WAS a weird situation, in a very busy and fast moving intersection.

It just made me realize that too often in my life I've hemmed and hawed and made things awkward for myself! NO MORE!

Man... what an awkward post! :D

2 comments:

CaptainCabinets said...

Hello! I noticed not many people actually comment on your blog so I wanted to change this seeing as I really like all your posts they are very entertaining and thought provoking! So thank you ^_^

Warlord Blade said...

Well thanks for commenting CaptainCabinets! Hopefully I can continue to entertain. :)