Thursday, October 9, 2008

Boy it's nice when things come together!

Yesterday I had my Annual review.

It is actually hard to imagine that I've actually been in this position for over a year now!

The review and accompanying raise went better than I thought, which surprised my Boss, because I think he was expecting me to be wanting more... not that I don't WANT more, but I was happily impressed getting a higher percentage raise than expected.

So that's good news!

The other good news, and is GREAT timing along with the raise, is we are closing on a Home Equity Line of Credit that will save us well over $100 a month in various payments. We will have more control over our debt!

This will help in my major Financial goal of GETTING OUT OF DEBT.
Not amazingly - but it's a great improvement on the way things have been going lately.

Things are looking up! Hooray!

1 comment:

Kris said...

I'm glad things are going better for you guys financially. Debt is not a fun thing! We haven't been in debt until now. Kids do that to you! We are hoping to get out of it before summertime next year and then it's student loans galore for 5 or 6 years (yuck!). We'll be paying those off for several years after Christopher finishes grad. school. Such is life.