Monday, October 6, 2008

Root Beer

I know I said I'd be posting about my Musical Goals... but instead I have to post about something more important. (No it's not pirates or ninjas at the moment - this could possibly be more important than those subjects as well!)

I love Root Beer!

I read this story from the NY Times that reminded me that it's been a while since I've written about Root Beer anywhere.

I have had a yearly (or multi-times-a-yearly) Root Beer Party for a couple of years now... (I think we've had 3 or 4 total) and so far the favorite has always been IBC. Something about that is just so smooth and more "Traditional Root Beer" than the rest that it always wins. If only it didn't have high fructose corn syrup!

The biggest problem with these parties are the lack of variety - so while IBC usually wins - that's not hard to do when you are only up against (at most) 5 other root beers!

I need to find more brands of rootbeer that I can get to my next Root Beer party. That is assuming I actually HAVE one considering our financial situation... but that's beside the point.

One brand that did all right (We found a big bulk deal on it at Costco - haven't seen it since) was Virgil's. I just found out you can order a 5 liter Keg of Virgil's Root Beer online for $28! That's not too bad! Virgil's is all right... Kind of licorice-y root beer that starts to grow on you as you drink it.

I need more Root Beer! It has been too long!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Christopher and I had some root beer at the Scottish festival earlier this year that was to die for! Can't remember the brand though. Sorry!

Warlord Blade said...

Was it the stuff they have in the big blue bottles and/or a bunch of other fancy-ish bottles with a wire/cork top? We had that at LAST years Highland games - a bit perfumey for me but not bad at all. Why didn't you tell us you were going - we were mad we missed it!! :p (Looked it up the day AFTER it ended)

Kris said...

Yes. You described it perfectly. Sorry we didn't tell you guys. It was a spur of the moment decision to go. Maybe next year we can all go together.

Warlord Blade said...

I was just kidding about you guys not telling us :)
That would be great to go with you guys! Maybe we'll actually remember this time.