Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Goals: Music

I thought I'd find time for this yesterday - but it was pretty busy.

Plus I had to write about Root Beer.

My goals in the realm of Music are quite short - although in reality there are a lot of sub-goals that would need to be done in order to accomplish everything...

So here they are!
  • A Band - Now this is slightly silly, but I've always wanted to sing and play in a band. As I've gotten older that desire hasn't changed, so there you have it. Most of the other musical goals would be beneficial for this one.
  • Sing More! Since High School I haven't sung as much as I should. Many people I know aren't even aware that I'm a decent singer. So obviously I haven't been optimizing or magnifying that talent much now have I?
    1. One of the sub-goals here is to learn some Italian Tenor Operatic songs - stuff like Nessun Dorma, O Sole Mio, stuff like that. That stuff is FUN to sing! One time I was singing to my wife's roommate (we weren't even really dating quite yet, and her roommate just wanted somebody to serenade her) and people thought I was proposing or something. That was funny... So yeah - I need an Italian opera song book.
  • Guitar - I can still play everything I taught myself to play 12 years ago... but that's about it. I haven't progressed at all and that isn't good. The biggest problem is finding a time and place to practice, since every time I pull out the geet it's an annoyance or the kids want to interrupt.
  • Other Instruments - at one time I took piano lessons - learned how to read music and if I sit there long enough I can plunk out a song, but I could definitely use some more practice. I also would like to learn more - drums, wind instruments, other strings maybe
  • Write more - In High School I wrote poetry and melodies to go along with it all the time. Only one was really worthwhile, so that's pretty much the only one I have remembered. Someday I should video it and post it. We'll see. Anyway - I want to 'write' more music.
So there you have it. Nothing amazing, but for some reason finding time for these goals is quite hard - because music is noisy and interrupting...

Check out this Ronald Jenkees guy - he's pretty weird and I can only handle so much of him, but I was quite impressed when I saw this:

No comments: