Friday, November 21, 2008

Shoulders, Armbars, and Paranoia

Holy cow dodge ball is hard on my shoulders!

Yesterday was our last game, we were quite soundly beaten. The first game was decently played with a close win for the other team, but after that we dropped like a bunch of drunk flies. Only faster and less lazy-like floating down... So basically like zapped flies. Yeah. Zapped.

My shoulder... KILLS. I had a hard time sleeping after Tuesday nights' game, and after yesterdays... Yow. However, I think my shoulders are actually STRONGER and will recover quicker. I'll have my chiropractic in-laws take a look at it tonight at the State High School football championships my bro-in-law is in.

Then it didn't help that I finally made it back to Jujitsu last night, and we were practicing armbars from the mount and from the guard. I feel like I learned a LOT last night - even though I was mostly observing - my shoulder was bugging me enough that I was only able to make a few attempts, but even still I think I have the basics. I just need more practice. Powerful move when properly controlled.

As for Paranoia - we have mice again... I saw something run across the hallway into our bathroom, and since this was the second time in a few weeks (the first time was pretty late so I thought I was imagining things) I investigated. FAST little bugger! So now we need to take countermeasures. Still... my paranoia comes from our weird little house and how I REALLY hope we don't have a Ratatouillie type thing (i.e. a whole colony of critters living in my roof/floorboards, etc.) More on THIS fun to come!

No comments: