Saturday, February 6, 2010

Art Blogs! (Yeah... I forgot...)

Somehow - I'm not sure how really, my most recent list of new blogs I'm following did not include the section that has grown the most! ART! I can't believe it. There are so many that I won't link them here - but a few I really really like I will link.

And here they are:
  • The Pencil Test -Sci-fi and Fantasy Awesomeness. Seriously every time this guy posts I'm VERY impressed.
  • Art Order - This blog is a good source for new art and blogs - it's the blog of the Sr. Art Director for Wizard's of the Coast, or Dungeons and Dragons - contests and tips galore it's really cool.
  • Avalanche Software Art Blog - Collaborations of a company - they come up with some really cool stuff, and again a way to find more inspirations! They have themes they do that are really fun. The most recent, Disney Princesses!
  • Cosmo Animato - Awesome Characters and Illustrations
  • Crayon Box of Doom - One of my favorite blog titles - amazing landscapes and illustrations, also found occasionally on the Avalanche Blog as well. The artist's 'Sketchpad of Doom' blog is pretty dang cool too!
  • Don Kenn Gallery - I really really dig the spooky and quirky old-time feel to his drawings!
  • Garrett Hanna's Art Blog - A really good mix of different styles - this guy is definitely well rounded.
  • Gurney Journey - James Gurney, the creator of Dinotopia, has a really cool and informative blog. I love seeing how and where he gets(got) his ideas. I loved the art of Dinotopia when I was younger (and still do now) so I was excited to see he is still busy (and good!)
  • I Am ADDam - another Avalancher - I really like his ideas.
Halfway through the alphabet I think I am done for today. As you can see by (especially) the last description - my brain is starting to stop working! ((if it ever started in the first place!)) So I'll leave this list and continue with the second half later!

No comments: