Monday, February 1, 2010

Some New Blogs I'm Really Enjoying

If you follow me on Twitter you may have noticed a few days back I mentioned there are WAY too many blogs out there that are just amazing.  I figured it was about time I shared some of them with you.

Health, Fitness & Well-Being Blogs/Sites:

  • Mark's Daily Apple - This blog is seriously impressing me. TONS of information about the 'Primal' Lifestyle which is definitely interesting - but overall there is just a lot of really good information about health and making healthy choices. The video from the previous entry was first seen by me on this entry about 'Health Suicide' which is a good list of things NOT to do.
  • Zen Habits - According to Wikipedia (Yay Wiki!) Zen Habits is one of the MOST visited blogs on the internet. Crazy. It's new to me! So hopefully you'll find some good stuff here as well. The newest entry on 'How Not to Hurry' is really good. We all need to slow down - plus I love the Lao Tzu quote there! (yeah it'll be on a QOTW sometime!) I also found a lot of these sites on this list from this entry. I almost don't need to finish this article because the worst (and best) thing about finding one good blog, is you usually find LOTS more once you find one. They link to each other!
  • Zen to Fitness - This blog (more Zen? I'm really liking the philosophies lately - Balance, Minimalism, Flow) is a great source of finding balance in a healthy lifestyle.
  • Fitness Blackbook - This site is a bit more contemporary - Hollywood, if you will - but still has a lot of really good stuff.
  • Fitness Spotlight - Currently Fitness spotlight is at the end of a 30 Day Challenge with GREAT tips throughout those entries. I recommend checking them out.
 Mixed Martial Arts Blogs:
  • Bloody Elbow - There are lots of MMA blogs out there - lots of good ones. Good commentary, analysis, etc etc. Bloody Elbow is just one of them - really the information doesn't differ a lot from site to site, so I'll just list a few of them here that you can check out if you want. If you like MMA I would suggest checking them out and finding the one whose 'voice' you like best.
  • Cage Potato
  • Five Ounces of Pain
  • MMA For Real
  • MMA Mania
 Random, Fun, or Funny Blogs:
  • Awkward Family Photos - Holy Cow! People are crazy,creepy, hilarious, scary, weird and just plain nuts! This site really makes me laugh.
  • Awkward Stock Photos - Not as funny as AFP above, but still awkwardly silly. Most of the time.
  • Passive Aggressive Notes - It's funny to see the many forms of passive aggressiveness. (Sometimes some language, cuz people ARE jerks sometimes!)
  • There, I Fixed It - You've probably had Family, Friends or Coworkers email you pictures from this site. It's awesome!
AAaaaaannd I think that's all for today. I hope you can find something you enjoy, and Happy Reading!

No comments: