Monday, January 11, 2010

Sushi Etiquette

I love sushi!

It's been far too long since I have taken my lovely wife out for a wonderful night of Sushi and whatever else. I mean when you have Sushi that's really enough goodness for a night, so 'whatever else' is just a bonus!

We haven't had sushi recently because of money, and then the little issue of it not really being a good idea to eat a lot of Sushi when you are pregnant. My wife is hating that... and if we were in Japan, supposedly it is safer there but the US doesn't control the quality of fish like they do, so it is better to be safe than sorry.

But how are you 'supposed' to eat sushi?

Here's a good illustration from all over the place on the internet:

Of course, really there isn't a 'right way' or a 'wrong way' and you should do what you like, especially if you are in America. But if you ever go to Japan, and I would LIKE to go to Japan someday and eat Sushi - it's polite to know the ways of the land... and who knows, maybe these aren't fully right anyway. Just something to think about.

Mmm... Sushi...
(via clusterflock)

No comments: