Saturday, January 2, 2010

Insanity Fit Test and Before Pics

I did the Insanity Fit Test today in preparation for starting the full Program on Monday. Hopefully day one isn't a repeat of this fit test, but hey if it is I'll at least know what to do!

The Fit Test is:
  • Switch Kicks – Switch kicking each leg out high in front of you.
  • Squat Jacks – Jumping jacks with a full squat when coming down.
  • Power Knees – This is similar to something practiced in many martial arts - basically it is like you have your hands interlocked behind somebody's head and you are bringing their head down to meet your knee. Do it very fast again and again and again. Ouch.
  • Power Jumps – Squat and then jump as high as you can - fast.
  • Globe Jumps – 4 jumps in a circular motion.
  • Suicide Jumps - Basically it's a slightly easier form of burpee.
  • Push Up Jacks – Push ups with jumping-jack motion with your feet.
  • Low Plank Obliques – Bring your knees up towards your shoulders while in plank position.
I haven't really worked out since the end of October. Since finishing P90X last year I continued to work out fairly well (especially faithfully attending the Ab Class at work) but then when we started really getting into our Oracle Upgrade at work, my workouts majorly dropped. So, after finishing the first four exercises, I literally collapsed. The biggest reason was I hadn't eaten anything today before the fit test... which just isn't very smart on my part. I have a feeling I'm going to have to think about food a lot more than I have in the past with this workout!

So here are my results:
  • Switch Kicks - 123
  • Squat Jacks - 58
  • Power Knees - 80
  • Power Jumps - 31
  • Globe Jumps - 9
  • Suicide Jumps - 16
  • Push-up Jumps - 30
  • Low Plank Obliques - 72
Some of those are pretty good, but I know I will see some big improvements... especially there in the middle exercises before I got a bit of a second wind. I'm interested in seeing how my results are!

And now for the before pictures...





You can compare them to my P90X Pics if you'd like... but I think I've seen enough of myself for the day!!

No comments: