Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Goals: Art

So the first of my goals are in what I call the "Art" category.

Well... the first besides not posting scary pictures of myself like in the last entry. Yikes.
I look like a zombie. :)

Anyway.

As you've seen in some previous entries I've linked a few of my drawings that I have on my Deviant Art page. Eventually I want to do something more with some of them - blow 'em up, frame them, sell them as posters, put them on T-shirts. Thinks like that! Suggestions are always appreciated, along with other thoughts and ideas.

On to my goals in Art:
  • Draw MORE - use more than just pens. I think I'm a bit addicted to the permanence of ink, even though usually I would use an eraser a LOT. So why not?
  • Complete AT LEAST one drawing/art piece a month. Since I made this goal in August I've done a good job at this :)
  • Explore more art mediums. Clay, Paints, Carvings, Airbrushing, Foam sculpting (Ooh I want to do things like I linked here)
  • Find my scratchboard tools and do more
  • Study the Masters - in Jr. High I had a horrible art history teacher that turned me WAY off to school art classes. Because of that I think my talents suffered horrible so I never learned a lot of Art basics most people get in school.
  • Have more Art Nights. A while back we had a few nights where we'd just go to a friend's house and paint. (She's a very talented artist check out her Deviantart and Mural sites!) It was a lot of fun. While I'd like to be able to do this with friends - just my wife and I would have a lot of fun as well - so I want to have this scheduled, kind of like a date night, with or without friends. Only it wouldn't be a date when it was with friends. Maybe like a double date... but the kids would be around too so whatever.
  • My wife is a brilliant photographer - but I am not. I want to learn more from her and with her in the realms of photography.
And that's it for my current goals in the realm of Art. Music is next I think.
Any thoughts, comments, suggestions, improvements, etc are always appreciated! :)

No comments: