Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Life Without the Internet

I haven't had access to the internet on my computer at home for about a week now!

I did better than I thought I would. Yeah... A break from the internet at home was probably a good thing!! There are two reasons I was able to stay sane without the internet.

1 - I'm not playing WoW - if I were playing World of Warcraft still I think I'd be very annoyed that I was unable to connect. Then again I would have taken my computer downstairs and plugged it in, since it's just our wireless that we don't have right now.

2 - Books. I'm in the middle of 3 series right now. The Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson, The Mercedes Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs (Got my wife into those ones too ha!), and as I've waited for my books on hold from those series I grabbed a random book by Laura Resnick called The White Dragon, only to discover it had a prequel and a sequel, so I grabbed that as well.

I finally ordered the wireless piece for our new DSL modem. We'll see how it compares to our old one. At least the internet hasn't cut off for my wife so far! So yippee I'll have the internet again on Friday, which is still a long time.

We are finally dipping our hands into the stock market... or trying to as there are all sorts of barriers and waiting periods for investing in non-marginable securities. We are only looking to invest $500 into a local business' penny stocks, and for some reason Ameritrade isn't letting me. Possibly because they want me investing THOUSANDS through them... but I don't have thousands to invest. Hopefully we won't have to go through somebody else again, because we've already gone through this. I guess as long as the stock stays down while we aren't in and jumps up after it's all good, right? :)

No comments: