Tuesday, March 3, 2009

P90X - 45 Days -HALF WAY! (& Burn Out)

Last week was very difficult to do P90X. We missed one day due to a sick baby and late starts, but overall it was difficult to "Bring It" the whole week.

The exercises are still great, but the repetition of some of the workouts combined with the difficulty in juggling an hour of workouts after work while dealing with crazy screaming children has kind of burned me out on the way we are currently doing this program...

Add in a couple of people on the DVDs that REALLY bug me. I know I should just get over it... but there is this one lady on a few of the workouts - almost EVERYTHING about her annoys me to no end! Weird.

Anyway. We are not giving up P90X, but I am considering occasionally substituting a few different exercise programs in place of a few P90X ones. Rodney Yee's Power Yoga might be a good replacement for the P90X version, Forza: The Samurai Sword workout could easily replace a number of workouts, although I am slightly worried about my dumb shoulder's ability to DO that workout. I miss it. Fun hard workout. (Yes I am a geek that likes swords)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Hi! I started P90X about a week ago. You're half-way through! Awesome! Congrats!

Warlord Blade said...

Thanks! We're definitely enjoying it - and it really doesn't seem like we've been doing it as long as we have! Good luck in your quest for self improvement!