Friday, March 27, 2009

A Random Collection of Links

So this morning I decided it'd be good to link a whole bunch of sites I use/visit frequently.

**LONG POST WARNING!!**


First though, I want to direct your attention to the trailer for a new movie coming out - a Live Action "Where the Wild Things Are"
Gotta say I'm quite impressed. And I want a monster costume like that!

Some of these have been linked here before, some haven't, and I hope you find something useful.

Also, not all of these are G or PG-rated... some may be PG-13 and a few even cross over into R territory occasionally. Just thought that might be a good thing to add here...

Generally Useful/Fun: (Yeah nothing TOO exciting here)
Google - Seriously - it is too amazing how many different VERY useful things this site has for you.
Google Reader - One of my favorite and most used web applications - most of the info I get online I get through Google Reader.
Amazon - Even if you don't buy from Amazon, the reviews and recommendations are awesome.
Wikipedia - Almost everything you need to know can probably be found on this site. I don't care if you should officially cite wiki or not - it's Awesome! (and a great starting point for 'official' references anyway!)
YouTube - Too much fun - although I don't spend a LOT of time on youtube - there are some real gems on there!
Facebook - It's Facebook - my favorite thing is I can stay in touch with friends all over the world I otherwise wouldn't have contact with.
Hulu - While they are just melting your brain so they can eat it... They have TONS of shows to watch. From Heroes to Naruto Shippuden (woot) to The Office to full length Movies. Handy resource!
Uncrate - This site is an interesting list of cool stuff. Mostly it's stuff you can't afford but might like to. Really this should probably be down in the blog section but oh well.
Steep and Cheap - Since my bro doesn't work for the owning company any more I don't visit this site as much as I used to - but if you like outdoor gear and are looking for a screamin' deal, check out steep&cheap - you might get lucky.
Pandora - Great online playlists that have helped me discover some cool new stuff. Since I don't listen to the radio that much anymore (which isn't a bad thing IMO) this helps me find things similar to what I already like!
Mix Turtle - Want to hear that one song you can't get out of your head? Great site, IF it can find an unlocked streaming version...
Apple Movie Trailers - Ooh this one is linked twice today! Amazing! Probably the best place online for trailers. Better than YouTube for movie trailers.

Blogs:
Shoeboxblog - This blog is just awesome. Some of my favorite features are Newsdroppings and Bots with Stuff.
Kottke - This "Liberal Arts Weblog" is the main source of interesting stuff I think. I like this site.
Drawn.ca - Cool art blog featuring works and links to other sites of interest.
Aaron Williams (Comic Author/artist) - Author of two of the webcomics below, links to all sorts of fun flash games and interesting videos/sites in his blog. Mostly fantasy, sci-fi, geek-related stuff.
Art Backwash - Mostly Flash and Vector based Art blog. Cool stuff.
Creative Juices - I think this one is somehow related to Drawn... but it's more focused on cartooning and animation.
Jinx the Monkey: Drip! - This is very similar to Creative Juices - as one of the CJ contributors is the author. Cool animation/cartooning stuff.
IllustrationClass.com - I plan on using this a lot once I actually have a Flash/Vectoring program and more experience with our Wacom!
EnglishRussia - Yes... Russia is really this strange. Although I don't agree with some of their translations sometimes - this is a pretty crazy site. But it is very Russian. Seriously.
Language Hat - I follow this mostly for the Russian content - but the basic linguistic bend is interesting to read if you are interested in languages at all. (sometimes it's a bit much for my laziness...)

Web Comics: (These links will take you to the end usually, so you have to go to the start!)
Nodwick - The life and adventures of a Henchman.
PS238 - School for Superpowered kids - I like this webcomic a lot!
Life on Forbez - This is a fun little comic about a young Nord (alien species) and his new life on the biggest planet in the galaxy (So far there haven't been any humans in the comic)
Zap! - This is a fun space comic.
xkcd - Probably the geekiest comic ever invented. Math, Science, Technology...

Phew! That's a lotta links! I'm done for today I think. Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: