Thursday, March 19, 2009

P90X - Day 60!!

Wow. 60 days of P90X. That's crazy.

Today we are supposed to do Yoga, but I am also doing Jujitsu tonight so it all depends on timing. I have found that the later it gets without working out, the harder it is to work out.

I have a 'cool down' period before bed where I HAVE to sit in front of my computer and 'veg' with a game or movie or show or anime or something like that. (We've also been watching Arrested Development which is AWESOME, but if it's not on my computer it's like it doesn't count - I'm weird)

We took pictures on Tuesday night since we had an awesome run and no kids to interrupt us. I know, I know, I still haven't even posted my before and after 30 days pics! I promise these pictures WILL be up eventually. After 60 days I feel good about myself, but I don't think I've achieved what I'm going for 'looks'-wise. One reason is we are doing the LEAN program and I think I need more weight-oriented workouts (and more protein to speed that up). Unfortunately, this is difficult as well due to my lame shoulder. Grrr...

Anyway, hopefully what I've heard (that the first 60 days you improve a lot performance-wise, and the last 30 days you REALLY see visible results) is true. Not that there hasn't been a change, because there have been improvements, just not quite what I want.

I just started reading the 'graphic novel' WATCHMEN, and that movie is in the news a lot lately, so to celebrate - here's Wall-E, Watchmenified:


Finally, I leave you with a news clipping from Shoebox, one of my new favorite blogs:
"An undersea volcano has erupted off the coast of Tonga in the South Pacific, because you just had to throw that tiki idol back in the ocean, didn’t you! Like there wouldn’t be consequences! You know who you are!"

No comments: