Monday, March 9, 2009

P90X - Week 8

Wow...
I can't believe we are at week 8 of this p90x! 5 weeks to go after this recovery week.

I'm not sure if I'm a huge fan of the 'recovery weeks' because I don't feel like I worked out enough... I usually feel GOOD don't get me wrong, but without some weights, I just don't feel as tough.

Last week we replaced the P90X Cardio routine with an outside run in the almost-spring weather. It was GREAT and a very good way to refresh our desire to continue. If the weather gets a bit nicer than it is today we may do this again!

Saturday I went and learned some new Jiujitsu techniques (escape from half-guard and after), and practiced them for about 2 hours. A couple of them were tough on my neck, so I am extremely sore from the base of my skull down to the upper middle area of my spine. No fun. Hopefully Yoga X today will loosen me up a bit. The GOOD results from these new techniques is discovering a few of my weaknesses that I can now correct.

The problems:
- I try to 'muscle' my way through things sometimes rather than just using easier body mechanics.
- I distribute my weight too far forward and need to extend it back. This is actually the reason I lost that Sumo match I posted last week or so - I didn't consistently keep my legs in a more supportive farther-back position, so I fell backwards.

I don't mind finding ways to fix my problems, so I was glad for the opportunity to both learn some new techniques and improve my overall ground game. Now to actually get an overall 'game' to utilize...

No comments: