Sunday, April 19, 2009

P90X - The END

Okay so it isn't REALLY the end since my pursuit of physical perfection (ha!) will continue, but as of yesterday evening I am officially DONE with the 90 days of P90X. We are taking our final pictures tomorrow evening - so hopefully I'll get at least the starting and finishing pics up here soon. I WILL do it I promise. I won't promise exactly when however because that way I won't be quite as bound...

The last exercise was Yoga - and just to finish P90X with a P90X workout - I didn't substitute the other Yoga workouts I prefer.

Earlier in the day (quite early for me on a Saturday anyway!) I went down and learned some Takedowns and Passing the Guard in Jujitsu - got banged up pretty good actually! Even used some good old Dit Da Jow on a bruise on my bicep. Woohoo! I definitely need more experience before I feel anywhere near confident in my skills... I would also like to try some other disciplines sometime.

So. What's next? My biggest disappointments in results from the P90X are in my abs and arms - and honestly I don't blame the P90X program, but the particular way I followed the program. I did about 2/3's of the Lean program, and then the last Classic. I should have done classic the whole way but was leary because of my stupid right shoulder that has been causing me problems. I probably should have done it anyway, but from now on I am going to work on my abs and my arms (including my shoulders, biceps, triceps and forearms) to get what I want. This also includes some hard cardio - hopefully outdoor running to get me outside more - in order to lose that little layer that I've been unable to get rid of right down near my belt.

I can do it - P90X has given me a good attitude and knowledge that I can - and I WILL.

No comments: