Monday, April 13, 2009

P90X - The Final Week

This week starts the last week of the 90 day program...
I can't believe I've been doing P90X for almost 90 days!

Last week was a very interesting one...

Tuesday I had an indoor soccer game for a work competition, we won 6-2. On the way home from work I stopped by a sports store and bought some soccer socks and shin guards so I wouldn't have to borrow for our next game. Okay amount of exercise but not enough to replace the P90X plyometrics. I knew I wouldn't have time for Plyo due to a Easter Egg Hunt my sister was having for our kids that evening. I arrived home with just enough time to change into a T-shirt and drive with my family over to her house. The kids had fun, they were SO cute!

By the time we got home it was past the kids bedtime and I knew I wouldn't be able to get Plyo in. Thankfully, every Tuesday night a bunch of guys get together up at our church to play Basketball, so I figured running and jumping and shooting would be a good replacement - I have a really hard time with late night home workouts following a video. Basketball was going fairly well until I had a run in with a room divider, which sliced a small but deep chunk out of my hand that just wouldn't stop bleeding. I took care of that while the game continued - had it all bandaged up and started playing again when BAM!! Elbow to the chin!

On top of a major hit to my jaw, I seriously bit into my tongue. Yikes! That was enough for me for the night, so I returned home to find my 4 year old had developed a Fever. Wednesday's workout and Thursday's were started late, and due to pain and screaming sick kids, were not finished. Partially just because of frustration - I could have pushed through (and probably should have) but my mental state was not condusive to a good workout.

Thankfully Friday and Saturday were both good workout days - and now we are in the final week.

It is strange to me that the final week on the P90X program is a "rest" week, since I feel like I'd rather finish strong. Especially with last week being so weak. I may just have to switch the workouts around so it's not so 'restful'. :)

2 comments:

Ezmerelda Endora Enid said...

Dude, church ball is BRUTAL. My dad's four front teeth are fake because of it. (Of course, he likes to bring it on.)

Warlord Blade said...

Yeah I think it's pretty funny that the LEAST aggressive/competitive person there got hurt TWICE!