Tuesday, April 14, 2009

P90X - Yoga

I have a problem with the P90X Yoga program.

Every time I start doing it I get more frustrated and angry. That is NOT something you want to happen when practicing yoga.

I'm no master Yogi or anything, but I'm pretty sure yoga is supposed to get you away from anger and stress...

I must admit that there have been a few times I've done the P90X yoga that haven't been too bad, but those times were always when my kids were asleep or away, and that doesn't happen often with 3 kids!

SO after getting about 15 minutes into P90X Yoga, I turned it off and put in Gaiam's Power Yoga - Total Body with Rodney Yee.

I've had this DVD for quite a while now and as soon as I got a few minutes into it I was feeling MUCH better. A very cute screaming one year old was still a bit frustrating while trying to do Yoga, but nowhere near as bad as it was when I was doing the P90X Yoga.

Power Yoga is only 60 minutes, compared to the 90 of P90X, but the setting, music, directions, everything fits me SO much better. It honestly didn't feel like 60 minutes, yet with Tony's even after 15 minutes it felt like an hour.

Thankfully not everybody has the same experiences! So for those who like P90X Yoga more power to ya. I think that I am going to stick with other yoga from here on out. (Nice to decide this on the last 2 Yoga workouts of the program!)

No comments: