Thursday, April 2, 2009

P90X - Final 3 Weeks

We are halfway through week 11 of the 13 week P90X program.

Last week I switched to Classic and am enjoying that a lot. My wife has semi-switched as well, and wishes she had been doing the Plyometrics program longer, as it is the leg workout she's been looking for. :) It's definitely a good one.

It's also interesting in these last few weeks of the program to think about intensity in the workouts. Before I was intense, but I think realizing I'm almost done and not being quite satisfied with the results so far has made me push a bit harder (not to mention switching to Classic last week) in these last few weeks. We'll see how it turns out.

I need to increase cardio on top of the regular P90X workouts if I want to really get the results I'm looking for. While my wife is quite happy with how I'm looking, I'm just not quite there, so somehow I need to fit that in.

Friday lunch-time Outdoor Soccer has started up again at work - that will help a little (along with getting some sun on my skin!) - and maybe I can be a late addition to the indoor soccer competition that has started...

Finally - along with learning things like in this book, I want to take modern survival courses and learn skills that could really be useful. For some reason I have this weird desire to be able to DO STUFF, that I wouldn't normally need much, but if I DID need it, I would be fine. Know what I mean?

Here is the program description from the scout training program:
Scout Urban Escape and Evasion
While on an international business trip, you are kidnapped and held for ransom. A terrorist attack closes the business district and you find yourself in a fix. How do you stay alive? How do you get to safety on your own? This class provides leading-edge skills to civilians who live and work in challenging urban environments or in urban centers that may destabilize during a crisis. Topics covered include covert movement (day vs. night), the judicious use of caches, understanding urban baseline movement and urban awareness training, the use of urban disguises and false papers/identification, lock picking, escaping from unlawful custody, obtaining and driving local transportation, the use of "specialized" urban gear, and instruction on how to develop urban escape and evasion go-bags, etc. A one day urban escape scenario is held the final day of class
Awesome. I want to do it. Anybody want to sponsor me (i.e. pay for it!?) HA. Thanks!

No comments: