Friday, January 16, 2009

2008 - Movies I Didn't See But Wanted To

First off let me say that I AM much more sore today than I was yesterday. Thankfully it isn't unbearable! It probably didn't help to have a tough but short Jujitsu class last night!

There were a lot of movies I missed last year.
Mostly for my own value I am going through IMDB and compiling this list to remind myself that I was interested in these movies.

So in chronological order:


Fool's Gold: So I liked How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and I liked Sahara, so I figured Matthew McConaughey and Kate Hudson together in something more like Sahara would be fun. Critics didn't like it and it didn't do too well... but I don't normally listen to them, so someday I'd like to see it.



The Spiderwick Chronicles: It's a Fantasy, of course I want to see it!

Never Back Down: Supposed to be a really lame fight-club wannabe type movie - but I still want to see it for some reason.

Leatherheads: This one looked funny and I heard good things about it.

Nim's Island: Can you tell I have kids? Lucky for me entertainment doesn't NEED to be for more mature audiences for me to enjoy it!

Son of Rambow Son of Rambow : Not sure but the quirky off movies like this always interest me.

Speed Racer: Critically panned - but more and more people are saying this is really not that bad and amazing visuals. So I'll see it eventually.

The Fall: Supposed to be ridiculously gorgeous and epic - funded mostly by the director and using old-school special effects (i.e. no CG) - for some reason this is one I really want to see.

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian: I'll actually be watching this one tonight. Gotta love C.S. Lewis! Read these a lot when I was younger.

The Incredible Hulk: I didn't think the last one was as bad as people thought - nothing like Iron Man or the recent Batman movies, sure, but not BAD. So I still want to see this one.

Get Smart: I'm sure it doesn't compare to the original series, but I've heard it's silly enough.

Hancock Hancock: So the twist has already been ruined for me - but I still want to see this.

Hellboy II: The Golden Army: So I never saw the first Hellboy - still mean to someday... So REALLY I probably wouldn't want to see this until I saw that.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor: Jet Li as a Mummy Emperor? Awesome!

Burn After Reading: Not sure why - but since I saw the trailer I've wanted to see this.

Igor: Henchmen show that they can be main characters too?! Sounds fun to me!

Eagle Eye: I like Shia LeBeouf, and this movie looks interesting.

Forever Strong Forever Strong : Traditional feel good Sports movies usually don't do it for me - but I've heard this is a really touching story.

City of Ember: I've been meaning to read these books for a while.

Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa: Heard it isn't as good as the first.

Quantum of Solace: Yeah... I still haven't seen the most recent Bond movie. I am shamed.

Twilight: Read all the books - I guess I should see the movies. I did enjoy the books and want to see the movie, but I'm really not in a hurry on this one. :)

Yes Man Yes Man: Jim Carrey in a somewhat more serious comedy - I like his more normal stuff more than his Ace Ventura-type stuff (although the Mask is probably one of my favorites)

And that is that.

There were definitely a few more that I missed, and this is actually less than I thought there were, but still more than enough.

I did see SOME movies so if you think I forgot something I might have seen it. Let me know though!

No comments: