Wednesday, January 21, 2009

P90X - Cardio X

I know I've been writing about P90X every day lately and haven't posted anything too random or art related in a while.

I'll work on that.

But for today I'm going to talk about yesterday's fun and exciting Cardio X.

Being as it is the next day - I will say my butt and hamstrings are ridiculously sore from the past 2 days.

I'm VERY glad that tonight I will be doing a shoulder and arm workout, along with another round of Ab Ripper X.

Day 2 of the P90X Lean program is Cardio X. In the Classic version of P90X you don't even do this exercise until quite late in the program, and even then it is supplemental. Basically Tony Horton takes some of the more Cardiovascular exercises from other parts of P90X and puts them into a 45 minute routine that is a very good workout.

Starting with the regular P90X warmup of jogging, jumping jacks, quad and hamstring stretches, etc., you begin with Yoga, and continue on through Kenpo, Plyometrics, and our favorite Core Synergistics we did on day 1. I really don't like that Superman Banana!

Overall I was sweating heavily and really feeling it. I'm feeling it more now, and will probably be feeling it even MORE tomorrow especially with Ab Ripper.

After two workouts and getting ready to go home and do my third (which my beautiful wife has already finished and really liked) along with Ab Ripper X (officially this time!) I highly recommend P90X.

I'll probably just post my pictures (behind a cut so you don't have to look if you don't want to!) but I'm not too happy with them. They look like I'm standing really strangely.

I am also planning on scanning some drawings I've done and I'll put 'em here soooooon.

No comments: