Thursday, January 22, 2009

P90X - Shoulders & Arms; Ab Ripper X

Yesterday was day 3 of this session of P90X... and I think I am going to stop posting about these every day. Although I guess if I continue for the rest of this week I'll have covered most of the workouts and can then change to something else.

The P90X Shoulders & Arms workout is awesome. My only problem with it is a personal one - since I injured my shoulder playing dodgeball I have a really hard time doing some of the exercises. If I do them with no weights or very very low weights I have no problems and it is too easy - but if I increase the weight at all my arm starts feeling very painful. Even with a few exercises feeling too easy I focused on form on those and really working it, so I still got a good workout. Just not quite the muscle PUMP I'm used to when doing a heavier shoulder/arm workout. Stupid shoulder. I think it is improving though so that makes me hopeful that by the end I'll be up to where I should be weight/resistance wise.

My 2nd experience with the Ab Ripper X was much better than the first one. I concentrated on tightening my legs while doing the workouts and it alleviated all the hip problems I was having last time. It was still as difficult to do some of the moves, but I'm not feeling it quite as much today. We'll see as the day goes on I guess!

Today we are doing Yoga X, and then after that I'll be going to BJJ - hopefully it's more than just me and Connor, cuz Connor takes me apart WAY too easy! (BTW I'm looking forward to seeing Fedor fight on Saturday!)

I never really started the Dude-a-Day type thing I was talking about... I think I drew a couple really bad things for a couple of days... I need to scan one abstract drawing I did (at least, I call it abstract, not sure if it's the correct definition!) and get started on an ocean themed drawing for my nephew. I guess while he was looking at my drawings with me everybody was amazed at how interested and into them he got, so we thought it'd be cool to draw something for him and turn it into a poster. I'm thinking a shark will be the center.

And since this post is already a little random - Here's a video.
Microsoft has come out with a new program called "Songsmith" that takes what you sing and puts background music to it. Here's Oasis' Wonderwall. It's horrible. Yet I couldn't stop watching...

No comments: